Don't let the title fool you. We are not looking for just a sales person. We are looking for a brilliant, research-oriented, relationship builder who can become a deep subject matter expert and understands consultative sales. The Research & Sales Director plays a critical role in our mission of improving the world's healthcare.
Things you should know before you apply:
- This is a unique position and requires some homework by the candidate. You should know what you're applying for. Demonstrate that you have a strong understanding of what KLAS does and what you would do in this position.
- This is an onsite opportunity. All candidates must be local or be willing to relocate...or own a helicopter.
- This position has no direct reports. If your dream is to manage a bunch of people, this isn't for you
What you do in this job:
- Research. You with healthcare providers to obtain feedback on healthcare technology products and services, understand what these providers are facing, and in return help these providers understand and use our data. Research is mostly done by phone conversations.
- Analysis & Reports. In this role you analyze large amounts of data received from research, identify the key findings from the data that will incite action, and work with a project team in the drafting and publishing of reports around these findings.
- Sales. You help healthcare information technology vendor companies understand the data we have on their performance and show them how their products are perceived and rated by healthcare providers. As you do this you create opportunities for these vendor companies to access our findings and purchase reports.
- Competent humility
- Desire and dedication to becoming an expert in several healthcare technology fields
- Exemplification of the highest levels of integrity and honesty
- Extremely smart
- Patience to reinvent your career and go through a long training/proving process
- Tenacity in doing high quality and thorough work
- Innate desire to help others
- Did we mention smart?
- Bachelor's Degree in a relative field.
- The ability to tell a story
- Minimum of 3 years in relationship-based, B2B sales. 5+ years of executive, consultative sales preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and lasting professional relationships of trust and respect
- Ability to recognize and articulate "nerves" in data that, when presented, lead to action
- Demonstrated ability to grow existing business and procure new business
- Discipline to manage multiple, high-level projects at the same time and deliver against high expectations
- Long-term commitment. We expect people to be in this position 5+ years
All employees go through a rigorous internal education program to teach them the healthcare information technology industry and help them understand KLAS' approach and methodology. Learn more about us at www.klasresearch.com.
Resumes should be accompanied by a cover letter. Make it a worthwhile read.
Remember, all candidates must be local or willing to relocate.
Some people don't read the ad all of the way through. It will show.